Thursday, November 20, 2008

Christmas Shopping

Today! I hope to get everything I need for my DD and her family. SIL is always a problem, but I have an idea that fits into the budget, and would benefit the whole family. My plan is to hit WalMart early today ( they're open 24 hours) I have a list of "Must-Have" toys, and figure that the prices should be as good there as anywhere. If I can't find what we want there, then we hit Canadian Tire. ToysRUs will be the last resort, as they tend to be pretty pricey. Then comes the biggest decision of the all--Do I buy more wrapping paper? Several years ago I bought a bunch of paper on sale and still haven't managed to get rid of it. I think the family are getting tired of the same paper year after year. I don't think they are thrilled at getting birthday gifts wrapped in red and green paper either.

I've also made a decision to buy a different colour of silk for my"special project". This is a project just for me, --pure self indulgence. Before I retired I bought supplies for several major projects, but now that I have the time to plan and design my own original work, these are just sitting on the shelf. Lots of money tied up in them. My life plan is to slowly work my way through them, but I'm very reluctant to spend any more money on them. But both DH and I looked at what I had done so far last night, and the pink I have just isn't right. I'm also worried about not having enough silk overall to finish it. Guess I didn't plan so well after all.

No comments: