Wednesday, November 19, 2008

strange day yesterday

I finally got in to the studio after dinner. There was nothing on tv, so I had the whole evening to myself. Lately I've been working on a special hand stitched project whenever there is a show I want to watch ( not often enough). I finished the bird hanging, and it's not as special as I had wanted. I lost one of the special hand made beads, so compromised the design a bit. The cord that actually holds it together wasn't strong enoug and frayed a bit, so I had to try to reinforce it. Still looks good, but not good enough for me. I had hoped to price it at about $50.00, but looking at it now, $25.00 would be more reasonable.

Then I sat down and started going through magazines, and thinking and dreaming about future projects. I haven't done something like that for months and months. I was trying to come up with something to make with my needlefelter. I spent about an hour doing this and now have a couple fo ideas to think about over the next little while. I would be great to complete some new ideas. I've been thinking that I've been through all of the ideas that I had in my mind from all the years I couldn't do much because of other responsibilities, and that there was nothing new. Scarey!

No comments: