Saturday, April 23, 2022

Back in the saddle again

 There've been no posts this week, but I have got a bit done every day.  The small quilt top that I wrote about last week has been finished, but when I hung it on the design wall for this picture, I noticed a huge problem that will have to be addressed.  This may mean taking the thing half apart, but I know it must be done.  There is a 2" border around the outside edge that appears rippled.  This will have to be taken off and sewn back on more carefully.  Unfortunately,  I have a hunch the problem goes back to the inner white border.  There's a good chance the smaller coloured squares may not come off in one piece.

                                       

A second small top has also been stitched together.  Both of these small tops will be quilted later, as there is no deadline on donation quilts.


The past couple of day's work resulted in 96 sale tags cut, ties cut and attached, and a small pin attached to the tie.  This is part of the preparation for the craft sale which is next Saturday--April30th.  Today I started sorting and pricing all the things I plan to take to the sale.  I'm half done and have used 5 new tags.  ( insert bad words of your choice)   I can't even say that I'll keep them for next time, because, I'm very much hoping there won't be a next time.  But it did give me a chance to clean out my "tag" tin, and the pins are recoverable. although that still leaves me with the problem of what to do with 300 small gold pins.

                          




No comments: