Saturday, April 30, 2022

A normal, low key country craft sale.

 Gail and I may be "pros" at sales but these ladies were obviously well experienced, and probably more experienced with this type of sale than either of us. The big winners were the bake sale participants, which included a gentleman working in the kitchen, making fresh bread and buns as well as "cinnamon knots".  Cinnamon Knots were dough, drenched in a bit of oil and then dredged in cinnamon sugar, before being twisted in a knot before baking in the oven for 20 minutes.  He brought out a batch regularly, and they were gone almost immediately.

There were people through fairly regularly, but they were often people who came to see a specific vendor, likely a relative.  I sold more than I expected but less that I would have liked.

I took a picture of my booth, just before the sale started.  After taking the picture I realized how awful those fabrics hanging down the front looked, and very quickly tucked them in.


After packing up, we headed home in the rain.  The same rain as was pouring down all day.  We stopped at the pizza store and bought supper, then spent the rest of the evening watching my regular Saturday night shows.

No comments: