Sunday, April 3, 2022

Short work day

 Headed for the sewing machine store first thing Saturday.  It took some convincing, but the lady finally agreed that there was something wrong with the foot, and said she would look into having it replaced. She also pointed out that the proper use for the foot was echo quilting, and that it was never intended for FM zig-zag.  Personally I don't see how that's a problem, but that's just me, I guess.

Once home I got the embellishment done on all 7 coffee cuffs, and started stitching the first one into shape, but a welcome phone call put an end to progress for the day.

Searching out the right threads for embellishment on the 3 different colours of cuff, gave me a good chance to look at my embellishment thread stash.  This also meant heading into the storeroom, a place I had vowed not to look at until all the "to do's" from the studio itself were resolved.  During my phone call ( gotta love speakerphone) I took the opportunity to take a look for things that I could include in this craft sale.  I have much more than I had thought, and more than enough to fill a table.  So I won't be sharing a table as I had first thought.  But it would sure help the purging, if I could sell most of it.  I also found out that I won't have to worry about provincial sales tax, as I certainly won't be making more than $10,000, in sales.

No comments: