Thursday, April 14, 2022

Piecing Scraps

 The smaller scraps are done!  Yay!  Glad to see the end of that process.  I had seen the "twosie/foursie technique on the internet, and had wanted to try it.  Now can say "Been there, done that".  But with a tremendous amount of work today, I squeezed 9-91/2" squares out of the pile.  Some of them went together quickly and some didn't.  The last two took an hour and  a half.  All of the seams have been trimmed to 1/4", and pressed open so as to minimize bulk.

This is the next pile to deal with.  Most of the pieces have already been stitched to another piece, but much more attention has gone into matching colours, patterns etc., and the result is two, maybe three colour ways that are in progress.


This bin is the third pile that I have separated out.  I have to admit that I just haven't figured out how to approach it.  In the past I would have simply cut it all into like-shaped pieces, but my arthritic wrists just won't tolerate that any more.  The fourth pile is a laundry basket filled to overflowing with long narrow strips of fabric.  I have a pretty good idea how that will be approached.  So this third basket may just be put aside pending further thought.

Regardless of how I deal with these piles, they have to disappear somehow as part of the overall "purge".


No comments: