Friday, April 29, 2022

Two steps forward, and one step back

 Yesterday was devoted to re-assembling the scrap quilt that DH has been ripping for me for the last three days.  With the de-assembling, many small seams split a bit and needed to be re-sewn.  But, to my dismay, there were a couple of areas where the original surface had not been properly sewn, and there was a hole.  This required that the inner colourful square, had to be ripped further, mended, and re-assembled.  I'm so glad we found these areas before the quilting was done, but also embarrassed that I made that error in the first place. Could this have happened because of an age-related diminishment in judgement?  Or, more likely, was I just working too quickly in trying to get the job done.  Maybe a bit of both.

Today I will be packing up items for the sale tomorrow, while also doing the wash, and having a coffee meeting at 3:30.  Fortunately, we will be able to set up for the sale between 6 and 8 this evening, even if that means an extra trip out to the sale site, about a 40 minute drive.

No comments: