Friday, April 8, 2022

Missed a day, putt-ery day

 Yes, I missed a day yesterday, for the first time since this challenge started.  Today, DH showed up and we went through the storeroom together to see what might have been missed.  One item was the older Pfaff sewing machine that I have in the storeroom.  Tomorrow I'll set it up and see how well it runs, and then maybe offer it at a fire sale price. We also found some heavy duty interfacing--about half a bolt.  It had been bought to create kits for a class I had been asked to teach, but was cancelled due to limited registration.  I have no idea what I might do with that!  Then we came across a very large, flat box that contained several smaller, older wall hangings.  Well, the best place for those is in a garbage bag. DH settled down to recover what beads were on them, while I started to cut the rest up.  There was one that I found pulled me in two directions.  It took about an hour of consideration before I admitted to myself that I really didn't want to let it go.  I didn't.

I also spent time today, going through a large box that I thought contained a bit of silk roving.  Oh My!  There was so much more.  Silk paper leaves, dyed cocoons and more silk thread.  That all has also stayed for the time being.

The next step may be to deal with all of the UFO's that have piled up so far.  This will give me a bit of a break from the constant purging, and may help reduce the amount of fabric that will have to be disposed of, once I start on my commercial and hand dyed stashes--or not.  Ar-g-g-g-gh!

No comments: