Monday, July 21, 2008

Baking cookies

the problem with baking cookies is that I eat them. But before that it exhausted me. DH baked bread in the morning and then we cycled to the store to buy chocolate chips. I don't keep them around because I eat them whether they are in cookies or not. Then two different types of cookies. It has been hot and humid, and by the time they were finished, so was I. DH finally agreed to turning on the AC--we've been arguing about it for three days. I manged to sleep before the grandchildren got here for supper, but my DS and his children visited while I was sleeping--they just came by to pickup a loaf of home made sourdough bread--and DH didn't wake me. (Probably a good call. I had been a right b---h before I lay down). Later the other children and their mother arrived for supper--which DH had cooked while I was sleeping! The littlest one is practising standing--still holding on-- and her sister tries to help her. (LOL) No teeth yet. Seven months old and no teeth. I've told her she's a slacker, but she doesn't pay any attention.

Today is for the final arrangements for going to the lake on Wednesday. I guess for anything left to do for the sale next weekend as well. I have to sit down and make a list of any shopping we have to do. We are running out of a few things, and while some of them can wait for the end of the month, there are a few that I should pickup for the lake. I should still be able to find time for some studio work. I'm playing with multi-media collages again. I have found that book by Beryl Taylor so inspirational! I spent some time sorting out my beads yesterday (OMG! I had no idea!) and found a small camel bell that I have had for about 20 years. I'm giving a lot of stuff away but I can't bear to part with this, so I'm designing a collage around it. We'll see how it goes. DH insists that the collages be offered up for sale. This bothers me, and I resist, but then break down and put a ridiculous price on them. They don't sell, and I get to keep them for awhile longer. Domestic politics!

No comments: