Saturday, July 19, 2008

Saturday already

Yesterday was silliness. I knew I wasn't in good shape to do any serious work. ( There are days when you JUST KNOW that things won't go well) I spent some time tagging all of my work for the sale next week, since I have to have everything ready to go by Tuesday evening. I cleaned up the studio and then I sat try something I had read about. I've been collecting washer lint--you know--all of those threads that clump together inthe washer when you are washing fabric. I had quite a pile of them. I also had a piece of gelatin printing that I just haven't been able to do anything with. Nothing to loose--I free motion 'd the threads onto the gelatin print, with invisible thread. Iput a couple of lengths of yarn in as well. Now the gelatin print had been stamped, drawn on, sprayed with walnut ink etc befoe the threads went on. Well, darned if the result didn't look pretty good. I checked my pre-cut matts and one just made the whole piece sing. So I beaded it, matted it, and stuck a tag on it and it's now in my stock for the sale. The left overs have been cut into the right size for ATC's. I'll finish them up over the next little while as I don't need them until mid-October. I hope my conscience lets me sell it, but if not, maybe I'll make the washer lint a conversation piece and sell it anyway.

No comments: