Sunday, July 6, 2008

Quiet day?

A very nice service yesterday, anad a chance to see family that we haven't seen for years--literally. A nephew who had been very close to my son when they were in school, wasn't recognized by most of the people there. My son only recognized him after hearing him speak! All in all a very emotional day. After weeks of painting and travelling back and forth to our DD's new home, my DH has declared that today, he rests. I feel that I would welcome a quiet day at home, although for me, that means a chance to get back into the studio. I have a quilt to get off to a show in the States, so have to spend awhile filling out customs declarations. Maybe sitting down with a cup of tea, and doing that will be enough work for the day. With the leftovers from the service yesterday, I don't even have to cook--which is a good thing with temperatures in the 30's and a humidex even higher.

No comments: