Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Navel Gazing

I've finished the piece titled "Courage". This work is so very different than anything I've done before, and I really need to give some thought to whether I want to move in this direction. Some, but not many, of the skillls I've developed over the years can be applied. It's going to mean that I have to start all over in terms of both skill and recognition. Is this what I want? On the one hand the design aspects challenge me more than a lot of the other things I've been doing, but it is a much simpler technique. I have no idea whether there would be any degree of public acceptance,and I'm just starting to gain some public recognition, for my other work. Is it possible to do both? I've tried to balance stitching and quilting for years with varying success, now to add a third technique??

No comments: