Tuesday, July 22, 2008

New work

In the few spare moments I've had over the past couple of days, I started the preliminary work on a new multi-media collage. I got out a piece of fabric paper for the background, started to gather beads and ribbons and charms, and started to make up little pieces that could be used as fillers once I started putting the whole thing together. I had wanted to incorporate Runes, as this is somewhat of a"trademark" for me. I also wanted some text, and found some little stick-on letters. Well, I now have a good portion of the first piece in a series based on the Serenity prayer. I have added some leaves, as my first instinct was to make the theme of the piece "Nature", but I can change this if they don't work. They might work better in a piece that is themed "Serenity". It's scare-y when your work starts to talk back and tell you what to do.

No comments: