Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Have been having trouble getting into the blog over the past few days. But as has happened before, I waited and after a little while it let me in. I now have my minimum amount of stock ready for the big sales. ( well, more or less, I still have four hangings to hem) Monday we took the evening off and worked a charity bingo, and last evening I managed to get into a lampwork beadmaking demonstration. It was fantastic and I sure understand why lampwork beads are so expensive. Tonight the demo is on bead making with polymer clay. Now I'm not sure about beads, but I want to learn more about the clay. But after being able to relax Monday evening, I went into the studio and worked up a storm. I started one of my ho-hum routine fibre collages and it absolutely took over, telling me what it wanted and where. I've ended up with a very special piece. I'll have to charge a good price for it, if I decide to sell it, because of the amount of work in it and the number of beads that have been carefully sewn in place. The beads were out of one of the "bead soups" that I put together earlier this spring. I've found that I prefer to work with a variety of co-ordinated beads, rather than just one type--most of the time. It certainly worked this time. So now I just need to get everything mounted ( not a big job), and tagged, and I'll be ready for the sale. Since we are going down to the lake next Wednesday to replace the roof on our building, I have to have everything ready to be carried out the door, by Tuesday evening. If I can get it done today, I may even find some time to work on my fabric paper collages. I sure have the ideas!

No comments: