Saturday, July 5, 2008

Work, work...

I actually did it. I cleaned my house. I don't do the whole thing at once very often, as I try to keep it up, but it has got away from me recently. With a family funeral today, there was the chance that I would have overnight guests, so the job had to be done,-- and quickly. The guests didn't materialize, but I now have a clean house--more or less. Some things got put away and I may never find them again in this lifetime.

But there was still time to spend in the studio. I've made a prioritized list of the minimum stock I want to have for the big sales later this month, and I'm going to work through it, as much as I can. First on the list were, at least, two fibre collage hangings. A couple of these sell at every sale I go to. One is finished and the second started. These will be a little different as I'm using my hand-painted fabric as the background. I rather like the appearance of this. I'll have to re-design my tags to reflect the fabric, but that isn't a big chore. I'm thinking of raising the price a little, as well. If things work out, there will be enough hand-painted fabric to make a couple of smaller, matted collages as well.

So my task over the next couple of days is to finish collages, and then I need to make a couple of sun-printed hangings. I've put my sunprints on the design wall, and none of the current crop are particularly inspiring. If the wind would just die down, I could make a few more, but I woke up this morning to 28km/hr winds, and it's been that way for almost a week. Still, I have a store coupon, and this morning it's off to buy more fabric paint.

This afternoon is a family funeral. Not a fun time. Like many families, we seem to only see each other a funerals. We're between generations in our family. Everyone of marriageable age is married, and most families are complete, so there are few happy occasions. My DD has found a sitter for her 3-year old, but we'll have to take the baby with us. Maybe I'll get to hold the little one. I haven't seen them for almost a week.

No comments: