Sunday, July 20, 2008

Was feeling very restless yesterday evening and no money to do anything, so DH suggested a bicycle ride. He usually doesn't ride in the evening, but we went. That meant a total of almost 20k on the bikes yesterday, as we had cycled down to Tim Horton's for breakfast. But--was I ever sore by bedtime! I'm also fighting a bladder infection which doesn't help. So a very restless night and now I'm up and probably not in very good shape for the day. The Grandchildren are coming for supper, and that always takes a lot out of me--so maybe a nap will be in order this afternoon.

The yard is looking very good. We hired a lawn care company. Five weed and feed applications over the summer. He also gave DH some ideas about caring for the grass that appears to have paid off quite nicely. For the last week DH has been pruning and trimming and weeding the flower beds. We've lost a bit of privacy from the neighbours but overall it's looking fine.

Went through all of the stock for the two big sales, yesterday. Today I plan to gather together all of the other stuff--the table skirts, lights, extension cords, cash books etc. and have it ready to pack. I want everything ready by Monday night because Tuesday I have to spend the day getting ready to go to the lake. This means that either Monday or Tuesday I have to go to the bank to get my float. I'm always a little uneasy carrying that sort of money, especially these days when no-one carries money--everyone uses Interac. Not having Interac probably looses me some sales. The two venues have cash machines, but that just gives people a chance to reconsider their purchase. Probably a good thing in the long run. Now I actually have to think about baking some cookies, as I'll have all four grandchildren with me for Wednesday and Thursday. And I've promised them a rhubarb pie!

No comments: