Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Not the day I expected

First of all, because I had trouble sleeping last night I took a pill. As a result I finally woke up at about 9:15. The weather was great, and we've had so few really nice days, that we immediately got onto our bikes for a ride. Once home, we read the weather forecast and agreed that it was a good morning for sunprinting, but it had to be done immediately because of rain predicted for the afternoon. So three hours of sunprinting--work, work, work. My DD phoned to ask if we could watch the children for awhile, so at 1:15 , after cleaning up the sunprinting, I finally sat down to breakfast. The children were in fine form and then they decided to stay for supper. By the time supper was cleaned up I was so exhausted, that I sat in front of the tv and watched aa religious program ( gasp!!) because I was too lazyto change the channel.

Usually we stop at "Tim's" for breakfast, but last time we were in we found out that they have re-sized their coffee. Now, I have no problem with a price increase, and they had several of those posted, but I thought that shifting all of the cup sizes down, but leaving the prices where they were (e.g. What was formally a medium cup is now called large and the large price is being charged) was downright sneaky. If they had just said that they were raising the price of coffee, I would have understoood, but this has raised my hackles and we are seriously re-evaluating our patronage of the store. The shift in the economy caused by increased oil prices will affect all of us. Being on a fixed income we are looking at a lot of our habits. This is one we've decided to break. My rant for the day.

Maybe tomorrow I'll sew.

No comments: