Monday, December 15, 2008

busy day

I actually cleaned a cupboard in the kitchen. Discovered a casserole dish that I thought was only a serving dish is actually safe for the dishwasher and microwave, so should be good for the oven. I was going to get rid of it, but it's a good size for two, so now I'll try to use it. Then I wrapped all of the presents. Four of them are quite large, and we'd bought special paper for them. So I had to sort out all of the wrapping paper we've accumulated over the years. I actually found some stuff I can use in my collages. At noon DH headed out to see if he could find pumpernickel bread for DD. He did, and after a heated discussion with a lady who also wanted to buy the bread, ended up with two loaves. He seems to get into these discussions every time he goes shopping on his own. Funny about that. The DD asked if we would be willing to drive out to the country to look after the little ones while she and SIL went to a Christmas party. So we spent the rest of the day doing that. Glad I wasn't planning to do any sewing. We got home just before 10:00,went to bed and slept almost round the clock. Children are hard work.

No comments: