Sunday, December 14, 2008

Well, maybe not...

Tried to work on the quilt again, but my hands have decided that they need a break. Yesterday evening they wouldn't even let me do cross stitch. They've never been that bad before. It all started when I tried to make cookies. I only have an old, decrepit power mixer. The house is cold and the margarine wouldn't soften enough that the mixer could deal with it, so I had to mix the whole thing by hand--and I mean by hand, --couldn't even use a wooden spoon with it. As soon as it started to hurt, I got DH to help out. Then, the quilt I'm trying to make requires a lot of "squaring up", using a roatary cutter, which again, is hard on hands and wrists.

So no sewing for awhile. To me, this means going quietly crazy. Or it means looking around and noticing how much I've neglected the housework. And acknowledging that scrubbing is just as hard on my wrists as using the rotary cutter. So then I can go crazy with inactivity and worry about all the work that isn't getting done. OMG--I could use a drink and it's only 8:30 in the morning.

So I'm not sure what the day holds. I'll probably put the quilt away for yet another year, and wrap presents. If I get desperate enough I could work on the borders of the quilt--they don't need squaring up. I DO know that I won't be going outside--it's just too darn cold!

No comments: