Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Lists are done!

Funny thing. By the time I had listed all of the chores, and organized them into what would be done on what day, and am or pm, I realized that there just isn't that much to do. And maybe that's the joy of lists--they bring the whole thing into perspective. Anyway, yesterday I was to prepare a grocery list and shop, make mince tarts, and go to the library. By the time I finished shopping, I was exhausted, it was 2:00, and we hadn't had lunch yet. Didn't get around to the tarts.

I got my Christmas present to myself yesterday. I ordered three instructional video's from Quilting Arts. I managed to watch two of them last night, ( had to take a break to watch Celebrity Rehab, you know) One on Needle felting was fantastic and I sure plan to try out a few of the things recommended in there. The second one on Mixed Media techniques was a loser. Very disappointing. I sure can't recommend that one. I haven't had a chance to see the third one on fabric painting, but I hope it's better than the mixed media one.

While I was shopping I dropped into Dollarama to look at yarn. They have some very loosely spun acrylic yarns, that are very easy to unravel, fantastic colours, and perfect for needlefelting. I picked up five different ones, and plan to try them out asap. If I'm just experimenting and trying out techniques from my video, I don't want to waste the very beautiful silk/wool blend that I bought awhile back. Of course, now I have a problem with storage of yarns! My huge baskets are suddenly too small.

No comments: