Friday, December 12, 2008

Followed by a rough day

Little one and Mom got home yesterday morning. then the whole family slept. DD was sounding much better when I spoke to her later in the day. She was surprized that the little one was sleeping most of the time too, but she is ill and on meds--so who knows. DD had a laugh at thehospital when they brought breakfast for the little one: a huge ( read humungous) bowl of Cheerios, coffee or tea--DD wasn't sure which, milk, and four slices of toast. They couldn't provide food for mom, who hadn't beeen admitted, but they could sure make sure the little one was well fed.

We had some errands to run yesterday, some printing I needed for a meeting tonight, a visit to the bank, and a few groceries. Picking up groceries out of the cart to put them through the cashier, I lifted something the wrong way. I felt it in my right wrist immediately. So I spent the rest of the day with the wrist in one of my Velcro splints. Thank Goodness I kept them. I still use them once in awhile, over night, when I've had a rough day. But what a nuisence! They sure interfere with function. I know! I know! That's what they're supposed to do. It seems a little better this morning, but I'll have to be careful for a few more days. And wouldn't you know that the work I'm doing in the studio takes a lot of rotary cutting.

I decided to tackle a pile of UFO's that have been hanging around. It's just "donkey" work, and DH keeps asking what I'm going to do with them, but I believe that I'll have a better chance of finding a use for them if they're finished than if they are in pieces in a plastic bag. Some of them may end up in the local Guild's UFO auction next month--who knows!

No comments: