Saturday, December 20, 2008


The slouch bag is finished. The technical skills fell apart late in the process, and I didn't fight it. Then I wondered why not? I think I didn't care because it just wasn't my colour. I had used a dark brown for the body of the purse, and brown just isn't my thing. So now I have a nice bag, quite presentable, but not likely one I'll, personally, ever use. Because of the technical flaws, I don't think I could ever sell it either. Since this is my own pattern, and one I've had in mind for awhile, I priced it out in terms of selling a similar one, should I be able to conquer the technical flaws. If I pay myself minimum wage, I would want to be offering it for between $80.00 and $90.00. Ho Ho H0!! Not in Manitoba!
A more realistic price for around here would be $45.00 to $60.oo, and it would have to be to the right person at the right time. Not likely! So I don't think I will start producing them. Still it was a good exercise and got one nagging job off my mind. If the economy every brightens, I'll have the pattern ready to go.

No comments: