Sunday, December 21, 2008

Well, in response to popular demand, I've added a picture of the quilt top I've been talking about the last few days. The pattern is called "Sticks and Stones" and it is one of those patterns they sell as being "Fat Quarter Friendly". It is made of 8" squares and each square has 29 separate pieces. As you can se there is much less light coloured fabric than dark, and this is the same with the scraps. I've got a lot more dark than light. I've just about finished the light scraps. Everything is put together, but I have to add beads etc to the matted collage. Looking at it, and then at the other collages I have, it's very obvious that I am just doing the same design over and over again, but in different colour-ways. I really have to think about this. The advice I was given was to find something that would sell, and then make lots. I think I've found that in the sun prints. The collages were things that I hoped would sell, because they gave me more pleasure to make. Given the economy, I think I need to go for "tried and true".
Reading back on my posts, I see a real search for a sense of direction--some sort of focus. If I go further back into my days of Morning Pages, I find the same thing. Nothing has changed in my life over the last 3-4 years. How very sad!

No comments: