Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Yesterday we went out to finish the last little bit of our shopping. It was so-o-o good just to get out of the house. I actually got into a mall!! I so very much miss the people and activity, even if I don't mix with them or talk to anyone. It wasn't until I was out there that I realized how very much I need it for my own soul. It came home to me when I was walking down the mall and realized how happy I felt for the first time in weeks, and again when I wanted to stop for coffee and DH didn't. He was quite willing to take me through the drive-through, but he didn't want anything. I was devastated. I really wanted to go into that coffee shop and sit down, and be part of the milieu. This is giving me a hint of why I've felt so "down" the past couple of weeks, when we haven't been out. I don't know how I'm going to deal with it in future, but, obviously, I have to find ways of getting out and about, even if DH is quite happy sitting at home.

No comments: