Sunday, December 7, 2008


Well, I promised you a picture of the piece that I was working on last week. The one I planned to finish as a gallery wrap. I just doesn't work. I have no idea what title to give it. The base fabric is 100% cotton in a yellow ochre. First I added the gold areas by padding the shapes with felt and then hand appliqueing a gold fabric on top. Then I needle felted various yarns and then added olive green silk roving on top of the felted yarns. I auditioned quite a variety of beads bfore deciding to go with dark brown wooden bead, some with stripes of lighter coloured wood as well. I'm really thinking that this needs to be professionally framed and I'll keep it pinned to the design wall for awhile to see if I can find the money. Not easy to do this time of year.

No comments: