Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Calm at last!

But only because it's cold and snowy. The cold has slowed the melt down significantly, but the snow means that there is more of the stuff out there to melt when it warms up again. Anyway, it's a beautiful day to spend in house next to the fire ( figuratively speaking). However, I have a meeting downtown right after lunch--what can I say?

Again, I'm in trouble with my work because I can't handle the photography end of it. I'm wanting to buy PhotoShop Elements, and take a course in it. I even have a free course bookmarked on the internet. But now I've had so much difficulty with the whole thing, my brain is shutting down, and I've developed a real block about it. This is more of a threat than the basic lack of knowledge that's at the root of the problem.

I've just about finished the book marks. They are taking much longer than I had planned, but it's been time well spent as I've been working out the surface design for a book box. I've even set a deadline for myself by entering it in a show in mid-June--even though I haven't started work on it yet. So my chore for this week is to tidy up the studio, and make it ready to work in. It became quite a garbage dump while I was sick. I still don't seem to have the endurance to do a lot. It's scarey that since Christmas I've been actually sitting down and watching tv shows without a needle in my hand. I've never done that before in my life, given any option.

Well, just had a phone call cancelling the meeting this afternoon, so I DO get to stay in the house and sit by the fire!

No comments: