Saturday, March 21, 2009

One down!

Day one of the workshops is done. I was absolutely exhausted last night, but still didn't get to bed until after 11:00. I was awake about 5:30 this morning, and, knowing that the alarm was set for 6:30, couldn't get back to sleep. At least today all I have to do is pick up the teacher and take her to the hotel. Then go back for 4:00 to drive her back home again. A nap sounds like a real good idea.

I pretty well finished the workshop piece yesterday. I would like to play with the technique,but the crunch will come with trying to print pictures onto fabric through my computer. The purchased fabric for this is very expensive, and I'm sure that, for a learning curve, I would be doing a lot of printing. For the class the teacher managed to get 8 pictures out of each 8 1/2 by 11 piece of special fabric. If Icould manage to do that, I think I would be laughing. One thing I learnt that I will be able to use for sure is the mounting technique, using either stretched canvas from the dollar store, or foamcore.

When I got home last night, I found e-mail about an art show I'm organizing for June. Enough work to keep me off the streets all next week.

No comments: