Tuesday, March 17, 2009

First day of the rest of my life!

Yes, I'm feeling well enough to try to make a new start. Lists! I need lists! Or maybe not. things that need doing are pretty obvious around here. But I know thatI need lists to provide focus and direction. So today, I write lists and start working on them. I know enough to be sure that I pace myself, or I'll end up just as sick as I've been. I think there's enough of the cold hanging on slow me down a fair bit

Spent an hour with my mentor yesterday discussing loss of creativity. She associates it with depression rather than dementia. So I think that in my lists, I need to make a few plans for behaviour changes. I feel right out of touch with what is happening in the world, and want to start paying closer attention to the news. And I know self care is important, so maybe a hair cut is in order.
Now, how often have you'll heard this sort of thing before? I'm like an addict. I keep reverting to the same distructive behaviour patterns, rehab myself for a day or two, and then slip right back.

No comments: