Monday, March 16, 2009

More introspection!

Now that I'm feeling a little ( read little) better I've started to think about doing a little more sewing, but my creative thinking has taken a vacation. A friend tells me that it's because I've been so ill and to give it a few days, but I think this block started before that. I also had a birthday, and when you age, the spectre of mental decline is always peering over your shoulder. I know that creativity is often one of the first functions to go. But I seem to have been missing a lot of mental function over the past little while. DH has taken to picking up after me. While it's nice to have someone care eough to do that, to me, it's a reminder of how fuzzy my thinking is getting.
But, as I'm thinking and fretting over this, on one of my internet groups people are suddenly talking about Julia Cameron and "The Artist's Way" process. I went through the process a few years back, but have not been doing my Morning Pages for quite awhile-instead I've been blogging. If I remember, the books predict that that answers to problems are with us, but we have to be receptive to them. So maybe Someone is telling me that I need to review the process in an effort to renew my creativity. I always try to find humour in things, and I guess that, if I am dementing, in a little while I won't remember why I was worried about forgetting.

The damn geese are back! Noticed them for the first time yesterday. And the newspapers are full of dire predictions of flooding. It must be spring!

No comments: