Sunday, March 22, 2009

Two Down!

Few problems yesterday, everyone seems to be enjoying the classes. Looking back I realize that, the piece I created on Friday didn't do credit to the design portion of the class. Technically my piece was fine, but I think I missed the basic concept entirely. When we were there for start of class today, I showed DH what I meant and he saw my problem right away. So I think I need to re-do the piece, putting a very different slant on the design.

But before that happens we have to deal with the lake in the back yard! It is a couple of inches deep all over the yard and has flooded into the garage. DH tried yesterday to move the snow away from the garage,and that's when we discovered that the whole yard is flooded. Luckily, a neighbour has a small pump, and we're now pumping out to the front street, where it can drain away from the house. ( We have no back lane) It's slow, as we have to use our small garden hose to carry the water, but I can already see that the water is a little lower. I expect that it'll take the rest of the day to drain it away, and it's melting just about as fast as we pump it out.

No comments: