Thursday, March 26, 2009

Red book Box

is actually started. I didn't have the red fabric I thought I had, but found something in an orange-y scarlet that may work. I have a clear idea in my mind of what I want to do, but I'm trying to make this box useful in two very different ways. I want to enter it in a show in June, and I want to be able to use it as a sample in a class I'm teaching next spring. For the show, one construction method would work better, and I would have to use a different method for the class. So right now I'm planning and stitching using the second method. I'm not likely to make a second one, but this method will work up quickly, so I'll have time to make a second one, if I really think it's necessary. But the debate I had in my mind about this, has given me a direction for my class that I hadn't considered before.

Still cold, windy and miserable here. Again a day to stay inside and keep warm.

No comments: