Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Bananas

yesterday I made 6 banana loaves. Today I have a banana cake in the oven and plan to make another, as well as a batch of banana muffins. All because I wanted to save a few cents on bananas. I remembered that I had my mother's recipe for banana cake. She used to serve it with the most disgusting topping. Very well beaten eggs whites with far too much sugar. I think I'll try something a little healthier--although I guess there's nothing healthy about cake and topping. DH is off painting at out DD's new home again. They are having problems with the day care they've found in their new community, and are seriously looking for an alternative. Unfortunate, but I remember the days when my children were small--and day care was even less avaialble than now. I almost wept with joy when I found a commercial day care centre that was actually a training site for the local community college. I don't think I was ever happier about having someone else look after mychildren. Once I get the baking done, I hope to get into the studio. Wish me well!

No comments: