Sunday, August 17, 2008

Still can't sort it out

But I've found a way to get in--a lo-o-ong way to get in. Well, I tried my dyeing yesterday. It was a disaster ( except on my hands where the rubber gloves leaked). We talked this morning about trying again, but it costs a lot in terms of dye and fabric. The end result was back to the fabric store today and found a much better version of the same fabric for the same price (go figure!) So I bought more fabric, and all of the other stuff I need, except for the dye. We've decided that I'm going to use a better quality dye--provided I can get it. So tomorrow it's off to buy dye. If I can't find it here, I think I have a mail order source for it. ( The shipping costs are a killer!)Now this is not any sort of urgent thing, but I've finally found something to pique my interest after going through a dry spell. And, of course, having had a failure, I'm bound and determined to get it right somehow! but first I have to "scour" the fabric, that is take all of the sizingout and prepare it for dyeing. I believe this means washing it with soda ash ( washing soda). However, I think I need to do a little research on the internet before I actually do anything.

No comments: