Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I am being screwed around by UPS!! No delivery yesterday despite the assurances that it would be here. I checked the tracking number before bed and discovered that the status had been changed to read that delivery was on hold because the receiver had requested that it be held until a delivery date could be arranged! I was livid! But the office was closed and I had to wait until this morning to call. The girl I spoke to ( it's a 1-800 number and they refuse to release the number of the local offfice) apologized and said that she didn't know what was going on, but she suggested that we might want to consider going to the local office to pick the parcel up. I agreed that this might be the best option with us going out of town for the next three days. She further suggested that maybe she could have the local office call me to verify that the parcel was actually in the local office, so that I wouldn't be going half way across the city to pick it up only to find that they didn't have it. That was at 9:15 this morning. Still no call from the local office. I will wait another hour and then call again. I also plan to call the shipper to tell them how unhappy I am with their rush service.

In the mean time we are still up to our elbows in the kitchen. Our tomato crop all ripened at the same time, so we have been making tomato sauce. We are preparing food to take to the lake, doing laundry to take to the lake, and trying to make something for supper tonight. We have just realized how very hot this is making the house, and I think I'm going to put the A/C on--reluctantly, because it's an absolutely beautiful day outside.

2 comments:

Linda Mullen said...

Wow, you're sure blogging up a storm. Good for you.. Sorry to hear about your postal problems.

Linda Mullen said...

Did you finally get your parcel?