Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I've ordered my dyes. It looks like there may be a delay in sending them. The chap on the phone said that I didn't want to order anything until next week when they have their big sale--first one in over 20 years. But he said that if I ordered by e-mail, I would get the sale prices. So I did. I can spend the time preparing my pattern and I think I'm going to do it up with the fabrics I have on hand. This will give me a chance to make sure the pattern works, and to test out the techniques I plan to use. The deadline for submission of photos is September 30th, so I have a bit of time. In the meantime, I still have the Embroiderers Association Regional meeting to put together for September 19th and 20th. So far I've arranged 16 billets, 7 volunteer drivers, a meeting room, a shopping trip, catering for one event, and found a committee to organize a big pot luck supper. I suddenly realized during the night, that I haven't organized catering for a second event, so I'll have to get on that today. I had planned to process two huge bags of bananas into banana bread today, and clean a whole fridge full of veggies that we bought on Saturday. A full days work, I think. I had bought a bag of cherries as well--$7.62--that turned out not to be ripe enough to eat. What a disappointment!

No comments: