Monday, August 18, 2008

quite a day--so far....

We have been shopping. We've orderedour new glasses. Didn't end up at the place we thought we would buy them at. When we went there and I told the girl that we had spoken to someone Friday and had brought our prescriptions in to order our glasses, she responded with " did we call you that they were ready?"
my response "no, we've come in to order them. '
Her reply, "is all of your information on file?'
"NO, I have it on this business card"
"Yes, I can read"
"perhaps we should go somewhere else. I've offended You"
"I'll get someone else to wait on you, just a minute"
She goes in the back room and comes out
" So and so will look after you if you come back in 10-15 minutes"
This in a large high-profile store in the local mall. WE went to a smaller store across the street where we were treated politely, if slowly, and ended up paying about $200 less than we had been quoted at the other store, and got an extra pair of glasses, inthe bargain.

Then it's off across the city to buy me a respirator for using when I'm dyeing or using spray adhesive. The store has moved and no-one knows where. So back to this side of the city, and found a respirator in the local paint store. Then home to find a message on my machine that Greyhound had called and would I please pick up my package. So back downtown to discover the true meaning of "two seasons--winter and construction". But now I'm home with what appears to be a very fancy pasta machine. Wow! All the bells and whistles. and some pictures as well! Thankyou Beth!

Next I've decided to bite the bullet and order the dye and paint that I want from the company in Toronto. The price is reasonable, but the shipping is a killer! But I'll get what I want and I can play with it over the next week or so.

1 comment:

Linda Mullen said...

Did you go to the St-Vital mall? We just ordered glasses for Jonathan and we didn't get great service either, yet the eyeglass place just across the street has always been great. I'm sorry we didn't go there in the first place.