Saturday, August 30, 2008

Wheel of Life

Have you ever thought about the Wheel of Life? This is a theory that all of life is like a wheel and every person and thing has a place on it. As the wheel goes around some of us are at the top and some of us are at the bottom. I remember in high school when we were studying King Lear, using the symbolism of the Wheel of Life to relate what was happening to the various characters. A variation on this is that the gods control the wheel and our places on it. If this is true, WHO THE HECK DID I OFFEND?? We worked hard today. DH is washing out five gallon pails that have been used to store dirt for five years ( Don't ask) so that I can use them for my dyeing. I have been busy sorting out the studio and basement so that I can start my dyeing--since the finished project has to be submitted by Sept 28th--and remember that big meeting weekend that I have to do all of the coordinating for? Well, I went to the fridge to get a soft drink out of my two a day ration--it felt warm--the damn fridge ( 2 1/2 years old) isn't working!! And the big across the bottom freezer isn't working either--and hasn't in awhile. All that food!! Investigation shows that somehow, the damn thing got turned off!!? Who do I blame??!

No comments: