Saturday, August 23, 2008

Post Office

I had sent a quilt to California for a show. I mailed it August 10, and was concerned because I hadn't heard that it arrived yet, so I tracked it through the Post Office. According to them it was only sent out to the destination yesterday. Since it was going to a PO Box #, it may not have even been picked up until today. I'm surprised that it took so long. I was really worried about this one, as the original entry to the show was sent on CD and never arrived. I ended up having a late entry via e-mail. So, if Idon't hear from the lady in California in a couple of days, I'll ask her.

It's always a leap of faith to send these things out into the world. We put our heart and soul into making them and then, just like children, we give up control and hope they do okay.

No comments: