Monday, August 11, 2008

Searching

for a piece that I painted some time ago and thought that I could finally actually do some work on. Can't find it. But---I've been doing some cleaning and sorting while looking for it. Where does all of this junk come from? I still have all of the quilts that I took out of the old cedar chest spread around the basement to air out. With all of the other stuff I now have spread around, it looks like a dump. So that'll be today's job. DH wants to wash the floor in the basement, i.e. my studio and sitting area. Talk about needing a major clean-up!! I have to agree with him--it does need washing. There is overspray from my spray starch, and maybe even a little glue and paint.

I had news of a little ( read small) inheritance yesterday. Now DH and I are arguing about whether we use it to buy me a new hearing aid-which I rarely use--or whether we buy new glasses for both of us. Knowing myself fairly well, unless I have a firm list of things to buy, I'll fritter it away on small stuff and not have any left for the more important things like glasses. Some of my first thoughts were to finally get the pedicure that I've been wanting for months, maybe a haircut and some new underwear, but glasses come first in my mind. Or--I could blow it all in the local fabric store! Wouldn't that be a blast? The other two times I inherited money, I did go on a small spree at the fabric store. I also have to admit that a new sewing machine came to mind, too. But I must be strong and talk DH into new glasses.

No comments: