Friday, August 8, 2008

Well, I ran out of steam about noon yesterday, but got a good bit of the kitchen done. Today I had hopes for the bathroom, but haven't even got started yet. I spent time this morning getting a quilt off to exhibition in California. Now that was an expense I hadn't anticipated--almost $40.00. Guess we eat Kraft Dinner for a few days. Yesterday DH found an ad in the little community newspaper for a sale at Fabricland. I've been waiting for one of their famous 50% off sales so that I can replenish my muslin--which I use by the metre. Well, the muslin wasn't on sale, but I found good quality white quilters' cotton that was on sale, and at the same price as the muslin would have been. This has a higher thread count, so will be just as useful as the muslin would have been. So I bought the bolt. Another reason to eat Kraft Dinner over the next little while. We also need to buy gas, but I think the bicycles will have to do for awhile. What more can I say?

Nothing accomplished in terms of creativity. I have a commission that I need to work on before the middle of the month, but I still feel that I need to reward myself with something creative before I go back to work that really is work. I have a bunch of things to do around my volunteer activities as well. And the deadlines for that are creeping up. Oh why, oh why did I retire? Life was simpler when I was working

No comments: