Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Time to step back

and take a good look at my house. I've been so immersed in getting ready for the sales that I've neglected a lot of things around here. DH has been so very good about making sure we eat and have clean clothes, but now I look around and see other signs of neglect. For instance, we haven't washed our windows this year--yet. And my pantry is out of control. I have no idea what food we have where because DH has looked after that for so long. So it looks like I'm going to have to dscipline myself and get back into the routine I once had of setting up a schedule of chores, and working creative time into the schedule so that I can get a bit of everything done every day.

I have promised myself that I'll make time for something creative as opposed to spending time making things just because I have a good idea that they'll sell. I've signed up for a class in polymer clay for later this month. Now I need to find a second hand ( cheap) hand operated pasta machine to use in working the clay. She also suggested a dedicated toaster oven for curing the clay. I've tried using my regular oven and the clay overcooked and burnt-which I coverd up with paint. I've since found out that the clay comes in colours that you work to make patterns--that it isn't painted. Guess I need a class.

No comments: