Sunday, August 10, 2008

I've finished the little hanging using the gelatin prints. Once I have the binding on, I'll try to take a picture. Now I have a commission piece that's overdue. I've made good money with my commissions over time, but now they are starting to seem like work. I have no more show deadlines, and I'm not sure what direction to move. I'm thinking of trying some local shows, at a higher level than previously. I'm not sure what work would be accepted, so would be going by instinct rather than knowledge. A stange place to be. I washed and pressed the smaller sunprints I did last Wednesday. I have them all arranged on the design wall and they look great. I've worked the colours differently and I'm quite pleased with the result. I even like the impact of having them grouped together for display. I have to wonder how it will look when they are all stitched and matted. When we were in Sioux Narrows, the lady in the next booth suggested hanging some of the matted pieces on my display grid. I tried it and they sold, so this may be a different way of displaying my work for future shows. But I need the brighter colours for maximum impact. I'll maybe try it out at Ft. Whyte next spring--the next appropriate show on my schedule.

No comments: