Saturday, August 9, 2008

Finally....

something to watch on tv. Two hours of new episodes of Torchwood last evening. Did a bit of hand stitching while I watched, but what a great way to relax! Played a bit during the day. I found some gelatin prints that I made last spring, and worked two of them into a small quilted hanging. I realized that the method I used was the same as the one I use for the sunprints and very similar to one I have used in the past for some larger quilts. So now I have to figure out whether I'm in a rut or if this is a legitimate method that I should take advantage of. Of course, I can't think of any other way of doing things right now. There are at least three other gelatin prints that I want to use in some way. This morning we went through one of the trunks where I keep past work. What a lot of junk! DH is now on a trip to donate most of it to the local thrift store. Two of the completed tops might be worth paying someone to machine quilt for me. They're too big for me to do myself. One of the "finds" was a satin baby quilt that my MIL had a friend make when I was expecting my first child--40 years ago. Being satin and being hand quilted, it can't be washed--and has turned into a bit of a white elephant. Not sure what can be done, but I've brought it out to air. Everything smells coming out of the old cedar chest. I also found some dolls. Some are quite old and may have some antique value, but others were hand made by me, over the years. They have never been touched since, and I'm thinking of my grand daughters. The older one has a doll I made but the two younger ones haven't. So maybe I can deal with most of the stuff. Not what I had planned for the day.

No comments: