Saturday, February 7, 2009

Got out of the house!


We actually went to McNally Robinson Book Sellers at Polo Park. I found a copy of Quilters' Home there--the last one. I guess people on the internet were right when they said that this issue will sell out quickly. I read the article on Shocking uilts. Very interesting. And the pctures were not offensive -IMHO. I was also looking for some of the magazines coming out of Summerset Studios, but could only find two, and they were specialty magazines that didn't really interest me. I did get Belle Armoire though, but haven't had a chance to read it yet. It's a hard one to find. Then I got a chance to work on the little dragon. She has now been fused to the background, ready for stitching down. I need to do a little more work on her face before I actually start the sewing. DH keeps saying that it is more of a snake's head than a dragon, but I really want to keep the image of a baby dragon. I could add horns and fire etc, but that would make her older than I want. I think I may have to make her eyes round with wonder, rather than the slanted slits of a mature dragon. She will be looking at her hoard and especially a gold chain that plan to have her holding in her hands.
I had hoped to have her sewn by noon today so that I could do the beading at the Stitch'n'Bitch session at MAWA, this afternoon. I have nothing else I could take to work on there. More likely I'll spend the day working on Baby Dragon. Once she is done I need to start work on the next project-Bike Dump. It, too, has a March 31 deadline. I should hear next week about the two I entered into the IQF in chicago. If they don't go, I will have an entry for the Elements show in Pender Harbour, but if they do, I'll have to very quickly come up with something for that show. I'm procrastinating because I really don't expect them to be accepted for Chicago.

No comments: