Thursday, February 5, 2009

Trouble sleeping

It seems that I've got myself in a circular rut. I'm having trouble sleping, so end up doing this sort of thing in the very early morning. By early afternoon, I'm exhausted and need a nap, then have trouble sleeping again at night. I have no meeting tonight, so really hope I can can tough it out until a "normal" bedtime. Worked on the background for Baby Hoard Dragon yesterday. I'm able to use some of the fabric I dyed for the Black and White challenge. This group were to have been black, but ended up with an obvious deep teal blue cast. Perfect for backing my yellow and gold dragon. I'm using the mosaic technique I learned at the class last weekend. My next challenge will be getting her arms and legs in the right proportion to her body. The original piece ( since disgarded) had arms and legs that were really too small. I plan to use the same "hoard" that I had selected for the original piece--mainly gold--chains and beads and jewels. The foiling I had done on that piece really didn't work, so I have to figure out something different for around the eyes, and to give the impression of scales ( or not-maybe I don't need that stuff)

Quiet on the home front. We had to get some car maintenance repairs done yesterday, or void our warrantee, so that puts paid to the budget for this month. I'm trying to learn to use my slow cooker, but all the recipes I find call for really esoteric ingredients. My problem is finding a way to make things taste good without using salt, or strong spices. My default is always garlic, so maybe it's a good thing we aren't going out anywhere public.

No comments: