Thursday, February 12, 2009

Guild meeting

Last night. This was the "big" presentation on art quilts, and the three ladies who presented did me proud. They were really great, and the feedback was excellent. The weather made it "iffy" for awhile. One lady was from Steinbach and the other from Beausejour. They both made it in, but I expect that going home might have been more of a problem, as we had sleety snow, starting about 5:00. I plan to write little thank you notes to each of them.

One thing that came out of this was a potential new member of our little group. While signing up people for an upcoming workshop, I got a call from a lady who used to be a member of the Guild many years ago. She said that she had attended seveal meetings, but never connected with anyone, and found the group very cold. ( I know this is true. I've heard it before) She talked about her interest in the more arty things and especialy abstract quilts. So I alerted my friends, and when the new lady came we made sure that she had a seat at our table. I was busy most of the evening, but my friends took good care of her, and she later told me that she had a wonderful time. While she is out of town until mid-March, she plans to come again, join, and probably sit with us again.

No comments: