Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Learning curve

This quilting has been quite a journey. I have learned quite a bit,and am finding it a challenge. It took a bit of practise to finally find a swirl-y layout, and by that time I had done several with straighter lines. So I mixed up the swirl-y bits with straight bits. The quilt would look much better with all swirl-y or all straight, but there is no way I could take any of the quilting out ot make it better in terms of design. I am very pleased with what I've learned, and I can sure see it being used again. Next I want to practise until I can really do it free motion without drawing a lot of lines first.

I had a call yesterday about finishing a cushion. I have two others in the studio waiting for finishing, so I guess that's what I'm doing over the next few days. This means heading out to buy some fibre fill. I don't expect to be doing much of this in the future, so I'm reluctant to buy a big bag, but the big bag is still cheaper than buying little ones just for the three cushions. Storing it will become the problem.

But my Tuesday Night Stitchers that Meet on Wednesdays are coming over tomorrow, so today I clean house. Thank Goodness I made all those banana loaves a couple of weeks back, as I'm out to meetings tomorrow morning and won't have time to do anything else.

No comments: