Saturday, February 28, 2009

Planning for studio time

I've negotiated with DH to be able to spend all day tomorrow inthe studio. It'll be a wet studio day and I hope to do some silk fusion pieces that I can make into matted pieces. I put together the basic fabric paper for three journal covers yesterday. I will want to add some hand stitching to them and maybe some stamping. I even bought some feathers to meld into the silk fusion. I'll have to check my felt supply to make sure I can finish them. The last two cushions are sewn ready for stuffing, but there is a movie I want to watch tomorrow evening--so the ideal time to stuff cushions. This morning is the AGM of the Crafts Museum, followed by a short, fun workshop, and there is a lecture at MAWA this afternoon. Either before or after the lecture I want to visit a fabric store next to MAWA. I need to find a source for muslin , now that my usual source has changed their supplier.

My introspection has focussed on why I'm so busy. I have to wonder if we do it to ourselves because we have been forced inside by the weather for three months. Now, we just have to break out. So there are lectures and events etc. Or maybe the events have always been there, but now we are so anxious to get out of the house that we look for excuses.

No comments: