Monday, February 16, 2009

Hm-m-m?

Started quilting Chaos Theory. I had talked about trying to mimic the shapes out of the graffitti, but they really weren't very inspiring. Some of the areas were puffy--and not in a good way--so I knew I had to do some fairly heavy quilting. I decided to try some close together parallel lines. I've seen a lot of this type of quilting lately, and even tried it in a couple of pieces, but this time I wanted to try it in shapes other than squares. Well, I've started it, but I'm not sure how it's going to look--and I can't take it out. I had thought that the straight lines would be a good contrast to the circular shapes, but the lines may, in fact, overwhelm the circles, even though the quilting is white on white. I've also found that I can't do this free hand and have to actually draw the lines out before sewing free motion, so I spent most of last evening doing just that. Now I'm anxious to get it finished. Deadlines loom.

No comments: