Friday, February 20, 2009

What I learned

I learned a lot about hanging a show at this particular gallery. It can all be summed up in one sentence. The employee of the gallery is a control freak, and the only way to get anything done is to back off and leave it all to her. Lesson learned. There is actually a fellow in charge of the show in June, and I'm supposed to be helping him. He is not a "mover and shaker", and when he proposed setting up this show, the organization felt, quite strongly, that he needed someone so assist. Up to now there has been no problem, as I've been making the necessary arrangements, and he has been somewhere in LaLa Land. Well, today I got an e-mail about him wanting to hire live music for the opening reception. I would think that unless we get develop some system for people to enter the show, and some means of publicizing the show, we may not have an opening reception, but the other guy is in charge. This is really a minor thing, but I know this will be an expensive show to run, and I had hoped to minimize incidental costs.

Anyway, tonight is the Opening Reception for the show we hung yeterday. My stuff doesn't look all that bad, and there are certainly worse examples of fibre art there. Wouldn't it be nice if somthing actually sold?

No comments: